[theme-reviewers] How to Leverage the Theme Customizer in Your Own Themes

Konstantin Obenland konstantin at obenland.it
Sat May 5 10:32:49 UTC 2012

Talking about Themes and the Themes customizer:
When it comes to adjust guidelines for 3.4, we should keep this quote from Otto in mind:

"BTW, mere activation of a theme should never change the database. This becomes even more important in 3.4 with the theme customizer, because a theme that is not active, but being customized will have it’s functions.php be loaded and all the theme will seem to think that it is active even though it is not."
http://kovshenin.com/2012/never-set-defaults-in-the-database/#comment-9332

Enjoy your weekend! :)
Konstantin