[theme-reviewers] Theme Reviwers

Syahir Hakim khairulsyahir at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:46:50 UTC 2012

I do agree that inline styles are definitely not best practice, but as
Sayontan has pointed out there are certain valid use cases with them. Of
course, we don't want theme developers to litter the bulk of their codes
with inline styles, but enforcing them as required would be nitpicking
on little things that would not bring significant benefits. It will only
add another barrier of entry to new theme developers looking to
contribute to the repository, and dump additional work on existing
developers who are already stretching their time contributing to the
repository. This is especially when the majority of theme users will not
even notice a difference to their user experience as a result of this
change. Inline styles are easily overridden by using !important, anyways.

I would agree with it being recommended rather than required. That way
theme developers who are using inline styles can gradually update their
codes to get rid of most of the inline styles. Guidelines should be that
- guidelines. Every new item being enforced as required will add
additional work to existing developers, and additional barrier of entry
to new developers. Everything comes at a cost, and for this case I do
not think the benefits outweigh the costs.

--
Regards,
Syahir Hakim