[theme-reviewers] GPL-compatible social media icon sets

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:39:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Emil Uzelac <emil at themeid.com> wrote:

> CC to be accepted! We're not going to do that nor "drive down to that road
> again". It's way too much complicated and it would create many legal issues.
> WordPress is GPL and everything else must be as well.
> Sorry Doug, nothing personal.

You missed my point. I'd like a code methodology (implemented in GPL'd
PHP) that would be able to go out and download CC-licensed icons *at
the end user's prompting*. Ideally, I would have a nice little banner
in the theme options page saying something to the extent of "This
theme looks much better with the Silk Icons installed. Click here to
download and install them automatically." Using WP Filesystem, of
course.

Anyone see a downside to that?

--
-Doug