[theme-reviewers] Failure of review for my theme (Ahimsa 4.0)

// ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Mon Mar 19 01:27:08 UTC 2012

On Mar 18, 2012, at 9:02 PM, Chip Bennett wrote:
> No, not really. You can output a custom <script type="text/css"> inside a PHP function, hooked into wp_print_scripts. And the custom CSS rules themselves, being non-html text, can easily be sanitized and saved to the database.

Yes, agreed. I was talking about the case where I do not put it in the DB (i.e., the case where I enqueue CSS files rather than insert the CSS using inline <style…> — I assume you meant <style…> above, not <script…>). If I went with the DB, yes, most of my problems would vanish. So, yeah, perhaps I should!

> For example, see how Twenty Eleven outputs its custom link color CSS rule (look for the twentyeleven_print_link_color_style() function, hooked into wp_head):
> http://themes.svn.wordpress.org/twentyeleven/1.3/inc/theme-options.php

Thank you for the reference. I will check it out and at this point, I am almost convinced to move to the DB. I am curious: is there a hook that a theme can use for when it is deleted, so that I can clean up all my DB crud should some aesthetic ignoramus :-) decide to remove my theme?

Once again: appreciate all the answers, especially the references which will make my work so much easier for either option (WP_Filesystem, or the DB).

	—ravi