[theme-reviewers] searching for themes

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Mar 17 17:44:08 UTC 2012

You won't find any themes for things like "animal" or "art" or
"cooking" on the theme directory. That's not really what a theme is.

There are no "themes that are out of the box ready and don't need to
add my own photos to finish the appearance of the theme."

See, what you're describing is "content". A theme doesn't provide
content, it provides a blank space in which to fill your content. It's
not going to give you that content, because most people don't use that
sort of default content anyway. Do you really want your website to
look like a cookie cutter site, with the same stuff as every other
site?

Themes are like a chalkboard. You can make a chalkboard that has a
bunch of predefined spaces and colors and ways to fill it with things,
but you still need to pick up that chalk and fill up the given space
yourself.

Even the images provided on the screenshots are often example images
only. You need to use your own content to make the site about
something.

-Otto