[theme-reviewers] tracking code in themes

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Mar 8 22:38:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Trent Lapinski <trent at cyberchimps.com> wrote:
> Honestly, I don't even care about the posts / comments / plugin numbers, we
> mainly like the ability to see what version of our themes are users are
> using. As I said, I wish this was a feature of WordPress.org itself, its
> useful data for everyone involved that does not violate anyone's privacy.

This is something we'd like to do, it's just problematic at present
for a bunch of various boring technical reasons. It's been on my
low-priority list for a long time.

We made an attempt at getting this sort of thing working a couple
months ago. It was a spectacular failure for various reasons.

One day, I'll get around to figuring this out for both themes and
plugins. Really.