[theme-reviewers] How to deal with alignone: any best practice recommendations?

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed Jul 18 20:05:19 UTC 2012

A little something for your consideration...

Should themes authors try to style images with the applied class
"alignnone"?

I've always tended to assume that "alignnone" could be interpreted (in
may situations) as meaning "Hands off - let the browser do its own
thing". However, it's recently been pointed out to me that this can lead
to display variations cross-browser and/or at different screen
resolutions. The kind of variations that might confuse a non-technical
site owner, for example.

Apparently some theme authors clear the alignnone images so that they
are on their own line - thus hopefully minimising this kind of default
browser variation.

Could (or even "should") the Theme Guidelines offer some guidance here?
I assume that this would come under the general heading of offering a
standardised experience across different themes.

Thoughts?

Mel
--
http://quirm.net