[theme-reviewers] Child Themes

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 18:49:56 UTC 2012

@Cais, I'd really (REALLY) like to see version-check get in to 3.5, if
you're interested in updating the patch to work with WP_Theme. It
might be easier to get it in now while they're still closing random
small bugs, rather than waiting until after the scope has been set.

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Edward Caissie
<edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Emil - As Otto pointed out he was the first one to place a Child-Theme in
> the repository ... and the reason I was able to add the two I currently have
> there. Thanks.
>
> Also, I still need to get back to reviewing those patches. I believe the new
> WP_Theme class will affect how they might be implemented now. Otherwise,
> we're going to need more than "that's neat" to get the buy-in we need from
> the devs to have them committed.
>

> Cais.
>

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Emil Uzelac <emil at themeid.com> wrote:
>>
>> Color is fantastic, great choice for sure. Oh sorry I didn't know about
>> that. Cool now we know.
>>
>> I wasn't aware of the button at all and it's very useful.
>>
>> Emil

>>> Actually, that would be me, via Matt's account. :)
>>>
>>> The first child theme in was
>>> http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/mazeld, because I was testing
>>> things. It is.. not a good example to learn from. I was new to .org.