[theme-reviewers] WordPress Theme Stores Violating GPL

Rankin, Matthew W. (Student) mrankin at my.ccsu.edu
Wed Jan 18 21:12:41 UTC 2012

I like the approach taken by ThemeForest. Any PHP code which contains WordPress functionality must be released under the GPL, but the CSS/HTML/Javascript and images used in the theme are copyrighted by the theme author. That being said, I don't think most premium theme stores are in violation of the GPL.