[theme-reviewers] Using WordPress core functions vs. custom functions

Caroline Moore calobee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:55:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm working on the PageLines review.  The theme uses custom functions to
add headers and custom backgrounds (instead of add_custom_image_header or
add_custom_background).

I'm assuming this is OK since this theme is kind of a special case.  I can
see where, in the interests of keeping all the theme's options in one
place, it makes more sense to use custom functions. It also looks as though
the functionality offered is more complex than the WordPress defaults.

Let me know if I'm not on the right track with that thinking.

Thanks!
Caro