[theme-reviewers] Author URI q

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:43:20 UTC 2012

I took a look at the ticket: this theme asks for an exception on
add_submenu_page() because plugins rely on it. Is that permissible? Why
wouldn't plugin authors create their own top-level menu instead of relying
on the theme's? I can foresee a situation where several theme authors might
request this as an exception saying that they have ancillary plugins
developed by others, and the plugin developers rely on a top-level menu
required by the theme.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com>wrote:

> No worries. I agree this is not your average theme, it can get quite
> complicated in places. Sometimes its better to just "play with it" to get a
> feel for what it can do ... then work through the code.
>
> Do your best to sort through it and don't worry about asking questions; I
> imagine you can contact the author, too ... either directly or most likely
> better via comments on the ticket itself.
>

> Cais.
>

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Caroline Moore <calobee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Glad I asked.  Thanks, Cais!
>>
>> And in looking further at the SVN, I'm probably going to need someone to
>> back me up on the code review part, just to make sure I don't miss
>> anything. Hope that's OK.
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> PageLines as a company / group write the Theme (and most of its
>>> accessory components) ... there is no single author per se. I can accept
>>> the PageLines home page as an appropriate Author URI in this case.
>>>

>>> Cais.

>> --
>> Caroline Moore
>>
>> Calobee Doodles
>> Custom design and childrens illustration
>> http://www.calobeedoodles.com
>> http://calobee.etsy.com
>>
>> Sixhours Photography
>> Conceptual art photography prints
>> http://www.sixhours.net
>> http://sixhours.etsy.com

Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog
--
Beating Australia in Cricket is like killing a celebrity. The death gets
more coverage than the crime.