[theme-reviewers] Fwd: [New post] Team Update: Browsing Buddies

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 23:57:29 UTC 2012

Emil,
My last experiment with this was sometime in 2011. While the guidelines
stated that all are acceptable, I couldn't get anything other than a PNG
in. Things may have changed since then.

Sayontan.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Emil Uzelac <emil at themeid.com> wrote:

> @Sayontan screenshot.jpg was rejected? I remember talking with Nacin about
> this while ago and .jpg, .png or.gif was acceptable.
>
> From what I can recall this was in gudieliness as well.
>
> Emil
> On Feb 18, 2012 5:45 PM, "Helen Hou-Sandi" <helen.y.hou at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah yes, content guidelines. As for those, I think you all have a much
>> better sense as to what those may be for additional screenshots, and I
>> agree that the primary one shouldn't change from what it is now. I imagine
>> that there is definitely a good use for responsive themes, and perhaps also
>> those with interesting admin screens. I suppose any sort of ad or
>> non-content would continue to be a no-no :)
>>
>> A too-large screenshot will not break anything at all in terms of UI -
>> the CSS will constrain it. The concern there is that package sizes could
>> become rather ridiculously large, and since these will also exist as files
>> within installations and be loaded in/from various environments, to me it
>> makes sense to only allow them in a pre-determined size and also request
>> that they be run through a web image optimizer to keep them small.
>>
>> I did find the place where I remembered the screenshot being used at 300
>> across, which further informed my decision to go that route in the other
>> theme screens - in the install thickbox.
>>
>> Helen

Sayontan Sinha
http://mynethome.net | http://mynethome.net/blog
--
Beating Australia in Cricket is like killing a celebrity. The death gets
more coverage than the crime.