[theme-reviewers] Fwd: [New post] Team Update: Browsing Buddies

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 23:11:00 UTC 2012

A long, long time ago it was specifically stated that screenshots are to be
300px x 225px and I would put forward the primary screenshot (as in the
first one to be presented to the end-user) be held to that specific size.
Although there has been some arbitrary changes made and for the most part
as long as the aspect ratio is 4:3 or at least within range of a
hand-grenade it has been allowed. There are a few themes with excessively
large screenshots and those, IIRC, were asked to be addressed by their
respective authors with the next theme release ...

Given the plan to implement multiple screenshots I would recommend going
back to the hard rule of the primary screenshot.png (or .jpg) be set to
300px x 225px keeping the naming convention as such. Then allowing for
ensuing screenshots to follow the naming convention as set out for plugins,
that is -1, -2, etc. These can then be put into whatever method for
end-user viewing.

Cais.