[theme-reviewers] Reconsider requirement of dynamic_sidebar() and register_sidebar()

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:26:39 UTC 2012

Me personally, I'd have the sidebar there, but hidden by default and then
have it set to only show if someone drops some widgets in it. The thing is
users will find a theme that closest matches what they intend to do and
what they intend it to look like, but generally won't use a theme exactly
as the developer intended.

I love minimalist, but you know day 1 and every day after it's release
people are going to be complaining "*Where's the sidebar! Your theme is
broken dude!*" Even if you explicitly explain in advance "*This is a unique
minimalist and and sidebar-less, content-driven theme.*"

I'm sure you figured as much though already.

Bryan Phillip Hadaway

Web & Graphic Designer
calmestghost.com
bhadaway at gmail.com