[theme-reviewers] Reconsider requirement of dynamic_sidebar() and register_sidebar()

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Aug 31 20:54:36 UTC 2012

My initial thought is that dynamic sidebar content - either as a
traditional "sidebar", or in the footer - is *expected* end-user
functionality for Themes, and as such should be required.

At the very least, it makes sense to me that the functionality be included
as *required* in the guidelines. Themes that have valid reasons for
omitting this functionality can still request an exception.

Chip