[theme-reviewers] Reconsider requirement of dynamic_sidebar() and register_sidebar()

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Aug 31 20:48:37 UTC 2012

I've been thinking about the requirement for dynamic sidebars for a while.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Theme_Features

For the most themes, this makes sense.  If your theme has sidebars (most
do), use the functions in place to do so.

Right now, I'm building a minimalistic blogging theme that focuses
solely on the content.  But, I'm undecided if I want to add sidebars.
If anything, the theme would support a sidebar in the footer area.  It
just depends on whether it fits into the design.

I think this is one of those times where an exception would be okay.
But, I'd like to just get everyone's thoughts on it beforehand.

You can follow the development of the theme here (it's a long way from
being ready):
https://github.com/justintadlock/just-me