[theme-reviewers] Testing/Reviewing Twenty Twelve

Konstantin Obenland konstantin at obenland.it
Tue Aug 28 21:41:48 UTC 2012

Howdy everyone,

after Twenty Twelve launched on WordPress.com today, all eyes are now on small bug fixes and getting the Theme ready for .org installs.
As Lance mentioned on Make WordPress Themes, the current roadmap for the release of Twenty Twelve (2 - 3 weeks) looks like this:

1. WPTRT continues to review it and test it, then an admin there approves the theme without pushing it live so it has gone through a round of theme review. Keeping it version .9 as we find bugs and fix them.
2. Come up with a RC version, say .9.x — Lance will keep submitting to Themes Trac with new test candidates
3. Nacin will handle letting the core contributor group know, via http://make.wordpress.org/core/ site that we’d like to do a formal launch very soon
4. Then dot the “i”s and cross the “t”s and make sure it is ready for a final WP.org release.

At that point we’ll submit a new ZIP with the 1.0 final and that one can be pushed live for everyone, with a possible announcement on WP.org news blog at that point (exact details TBD on how to announce).

We really appreciate all the work you guys put into reviewing and testing Twenty Twelve so far! Thank you!

If you haven't had the chance to give Twenty Twelve a spin yet, this is the time! Please have a look at #9199, which is open for everyone to give feedback. Twenty Twelve was designed with a mobile-first approach, so you may want to look for responsiveness issues but also the classics, like cross-browser tests, RTL, basic Theme Unit Tests etc. If you happen to find a bug, please do not hesitate to open a ticket on core trac and let us know.

Thanks again,
Konstantin