[theme-reviewers] Plugins and Themes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 01:14:05 UTC 2012

Interestingly enough, this point came up in a recent Meetup about plugins I
just organized.

I would likely think that item 7 in the Plugin Guidelines (
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/guidelines/) would cover this,
but in so doing if the plugin author is using new functionality only
available in a newer version of a core-bundled script I would interpret
item 7 to allow this providing the plugin author also advises the end-user
the plugin is doing so (perhaps in the plugin description).

Fortunately Theme Guidelines simply do not allow for it at all (*grin*)

Cais.