[theme-reviewers] Is wp_enqueue style/script necessary?

Fahd Murtaza fahdim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:01:19 UTC 2012

Hello Wayne

This is important. For example you want to include jQuery or you are
writing a theme that includes jQuery in it, then you should use
usingwp_enqueue_style()/wp_enqueue_script()  to ensure that your code
is compatible with any future wordpress plugins that you use.

These functions ensure that if there are two  wp_enqueue_script()
used for same script twice or more, wordpress is smart enough to add
them only once. I have found the  wp_enqueue_script() to be more
useful than the wp_enqueue_style() as plugins can load additional
scripts, which might conflict with what you're adding in your theme.

For example, think of a plugin adding a different version of jQuery or
even worse, adding it twice.

Regards
Fahd Murtaza

Regards