[theme-reviewers] W3C Validator panel for Debug Bar

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Apr 26 21:52:10 UTC 2012

I gave up on the W3C Validator back when HTML 5 shifted from being a
draft to a "Working Draft" which means that it's live but will
continually get updated with new stuff. Basically, the validator can
no longer keep up with the standards being used, and so it doesn't
return particularly useful results.

It is still handy to use it to determine the more obvious errors and
such, but most of the results given tend to be of the ignorable kind,
where what is actually used in the real world isn't part of the
validator's code to check. It's not that the code is non-standard,
it's that the validator doesn't know that standard and so flags it.

So generally, use it as a tool, but don't aim for "100% valid" because
it's no longer realistically achievable.

-Otto