[theme-reviewers] Theme standards and obfuscation

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Apr 26 15:56:46 UTC 2012

Obfuscation is one of those things that we just reject immediately.
It's tricky to scan for in the theme check process though, but there
is some checking. Human eyeballs are better at seeing that sort of
thing.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Note: "obfuscation" (more properly: minification) of script libraries is
> perfectly acceptable, provided that a human-readable version is included for
> reference.

I would add that this is only really acceptable for libraries where a
reference copy of the minified library exists elsewhere. Like, jquery
has their own .min version that we can compare against. It's rather
trivial to insert bad-things into a minified script and not get it
noticed.