[theme-reviewers] Credit for translators?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Apr 25 14:08:02 UTC 2012

A small bit of advice though..  As a plugin author, my guideline was
always to only accept a translation link when it was to a personal
site, and a simple mention of "Arabic Translation from John smith" in
all other cases (If they'd agree to me using the translation without a
link to their spammy site..)

A LOT of people out there will do anything in an attempt to get some
"SEO backlinks" from WordPress.org (yes, even though external links
are marked as nofollow), Translation companies, random spammers in
general, and plenty of companies have offered me in the past
translations in return for a link to their commercial sites. There are
even some that offer extra items in return (Free advertising, hosting,
promo gear, etc)..

So take note of what they're asking you to link to, If it feels
spammy, non-personal, or something which would be rejected as an
Author URI in a plugin, be cautious..