[theme-reviewers] [theme-reviewer]

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Apr 4 13:24:07 UTC 2012

Please review the following instructions, found on the ticket request queue
page<http://make.wordpress.org/themes/about/trac-ticket-request-queue/trac-ticket-review-queue-march-2012/>
:

Based on recent ticket reviews, here are some things to keep in mind as you
perform your reviews:

   1. When reviewing a follow-up ticket, be sure that you check the
   previous ticket, and verify that all items indicated as “*required*”
   have been addressed. Summarize the fixed/not-fixed status of such items.
   2. Be sure that you clearly indicate what “*required*” issues are
   outstanding in your review, so that the developer can identify and address
   those issues more easily. This will also facilitate subsequent reviews.
   3. When running Themes through the Theme Check Plugin, you do not need
   to add review comments for “*recommended*” and “*info*” items. These are
   for your reference only, to facilitate your review. Note: you are more than
   welcome (and encouraged) to offer suggestions for improvements, as long as
   they are clearly identified as recommendations only, and not required.
   4. For Theme Unit Test-related comments, be sure to indicate the Post,
   Page, or context to which the comment/issue applies.

Regarding including files from within header.php, the header.php file is a
template-part file. I*f it is including other template-part files, it is
*required* to use get_template_part()*. Everything else that you've listed
from Theme Check is recommended only.

Thanks for your Theme-review contributions!

Chip