[theme-reviewers] I can't upload the zip file

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 21 14:11:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Edward Caissie
<edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> 8 Meg?! I though it was a much lower threshold.

Images can be large. Large backgrounds sometimes take a fair amount of space.

It's not even really a "requirement", as such, it's just what the
upload limit is set to. We have waived this limit in the past for
special cases, but there's no plans to change this limit anytime soon.

Also, format matters. JPG should be used for photos, PNG for graphics.
That sort of thing. Usually when somebody exceeds the limit, it's
because they're using the wrong format for images. Use a much higher
image compression if needed.