[theme-reviewers] Help on theme review - Did I waste my time?

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Sun May 29 23:13:55 UTC 2011

I think a lot of us that are developing some 'specialized' themes would be more then happy to devote some time and energy to helping get this right. I think both sides have valid points and the concern seems to mostly stem from placing the themes in the regular repo. We all agree that new specialized themes are only a good thing for WP and are a reason that 3.1+ is so powerful.

I think it would be relatively easy to modify the theme-check plugin to support specialized themes.  There are only a few 'required' elements would have to be removed or modified.

Anyways, if the theme team does decide or start a discussion of the requirements I think a lot of us would gladly help out to set up the infrastructure to support it.

-Ryan

Sent from my iPad