[theme-reviewers] Trac not synching with Extend?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu May 26 21:11:15 UTC 2011

Having created the related Trac Reports, and done the syncing based on those
reports: it certainly seems MUCH easier to me.

I just cranked through 70 Themes in a matter of about 75 minutes (and that
includes the time it took me to create the reports). Granted, most had been
synced already, so all I did was verify Extend, and then remove the keyword
from the ticket. Even so, the workflow was MUCH smoother:

1) Open Trac Report
2) Open Extend Admin in new tab
3) Open ticket in new tab
4) CTRL-F to find Theme in Extend tab; open in new tab if it is listed
5) Click "Approve"/"Mark As Old" (depending on which report)
6) Close tab
7) Remove keyword from Trac ticket
8) Close tab
9) Repeat 3-8 for each ticket in Trac Report

No hunting back and forth between Extend and Trac, no incessant scrolling up
and down in both tabs to find tickets, etc. Fast, straightforward.

Though, if Otto can implement something using the "Priority" (or other)
field, it would probably be even easier.

Chip