[theme-reviewers] Questions about ticket no. 2811

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue May 24 18:19:06 UTC 2011

WordPress does include a default comments template, but note what it says:

// Backward compat code will be removed in a future release
require( ABSPATH . WPINC . '/theme-compat/comments.php');

This is old code, and left only for backwards compatibility. It is
deprecated, and expressly disallowed for Repository-hosted Themes.

You're getting PHP errors for the $text_domain variable, because you do not
define this variable at all, much less, define it before using it.

You're getting PHP errors for undefined $user_url, apparently because there
is no user_url defined for $wp_query->get_queried_object().

The rest are similar, and unrelated to the above errors.

Note that the Codex isn't necessarily a repository of "cut-and-paste" code.
Generally, it has *example* code, that you must modify to suit your specific
code.

Chip

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Angelo Bertolli <angelo.bertolli at gmail.com