[theme-reviewers] Looking for feedback on theme review

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Mar 24 12:24:54 UTC 2011

Each of us has a slightly different approach. In my case, rather than merely
outputting everything from Theme-Check, I separate the Theme-Check output
into "Required" and "Recommended". I try to keep all the "Required" issues
together, and then put any recommendations after. And then I close out the
review with some boilerplate text/links.

As long as we're communicating effectively with the Theme developers
regarding what needs to be fixed in order to approve the Theme, that's what
ultimately matters.

Your review comments are all good comments. I like the way that you offered
suggested fixes, especially since, as you noted, all of the outstanding
issues are minor/easy to fix.

For a review such as that one, where the outstanding issues are all minor
and easy to fix, I have been experimenting with a new approach: I keep the
ticket open, and state that if an updated Theme with fixes is submitted
within a day or two, I'll close the current ticket as "newer version
uploaded" and proceed to review/approve the update with fixes.

(This approach seems to be doing well in my thus-far limited trial.)

Chip