[theme-reviewers] Page listed on Commercially Supported GPL Themes don't offer GPL Themes!

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Mar 16 19:38:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Justin Tadlock
<justin at justintadlock.com> wrote:
> Most likely, they just didn't understand the GPL.

That would be my guess as well.

Of course, its taken me a while to understand why people don't get the
GPL, but then I remembered that I learned about it by reading
discussions about its implications on various linux hacker Usenet
groups back in 1994-1995, so perhaps those same sorts of discussions
aren't happening among the code hackers of today. They're hacking
code, not talking licensing. And the older hackers who do get it have
pretty much assumed that it's all been sorted out. Indeed, it was all
sorted out in those few years, so there's nothing left to be said
about it, from their viewpoints.