[theme-reviewers] Question about ob_start and ob_get_clean

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 29 15:09:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Angelo Bertolli
<angelo.bertolli at gmail.com> wrote:
> The way it's used in this theme makes absolutely no sense to me.  Maybe
> you can post a question about it in the ticket?

I see what he's doing, but that is an awful, awful coding style. Definite fail.

Basically, he's building a list of items, links, whatever. Like this:

Jun. 29 | Posted by Otto | edit | blah blah blah

Except to build each of those items, he a) turns on output buffering,
b) outputs the item, c) gets the buffer into a string and d) sticks
the string into an array ( $icons[] ). Then he outputs the final
string by imploding the array.

Awful style, especially considering all of the "items" I can see have
some proper way to get them as strings to begin with instead of using
output buffering.