[theme-reviewers] Obsolete Themes Discussion

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jul 26 00:50:29 UTC 2011

But I think we need a short-term solution. The current situation is
horribly, terribly, bad for end users, when they install a Theme that, since
it is tied directly into their WP-Admin interface, comes with an implied
endorsement of its fitness for use.

What do you suggest? Should we just go ahead and start suspending
sufficiently old/obsolete Themes?

At least with Cais' idea, even if WPORG doesn't display a section in Extend
for the "second" repository, the Themes will still exist in some
not-suspended state.

I'm open to any ideas you might have here...

Chip