[theme-reviewers] Thesis WP Theme

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Jul 24 01:04:25 UTC 2011

Theme developers wouldn't *have* to do anything. I'm just talking about an
approach to take if they *choose* to do so - for example, if a Theme's users
indicate a strong demand for built-in support for a given Plugin.

Why would you say that it's "hackish" to check for a given Plugin, and
supporting that Plugin while providing a graceful fallback - or even a
*better* implementation, but deferring to the user's choice? Personally, I
do this for two Plugins: Yoast Breadcrumbs and WP PageNavi.

As for a "feature sniffing" approach: that's exactly what if (
function_exists() ) is, and does, quite efficiently. :)

Chip