[theme-reviewers] Thesis WP Theme

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 20:51:43 UTC 2011

Sent from my mobile, so please excuse brevity and / or formatting errors.

On 23 Jul 2011, at 21:19, Hilary J Holz <holz.hilary at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's certainly
>> possible for a theme to implement plugin type functionality, but
>> that's usually overkill for a general purpose theme.

I think this is an interesting point.  It seems to me that there are themes and "themes" where we might need to have a new name for a theme that provides a distinct off-shoot of functionality to WordPress to make it fit a particular role.

Perhaps a means to bundle plugins    with a theme as a *customising package* might be a better approach?

I can get behind theme as presentation layer and plugin to add function but there's clearly an overlap where a *theme* needs to add function and style/present it at the same time.  I think the lack of a *plugin required* system is what leads to theme authors including plugin type function in theme templates.

Or I might be off the mark.