[theme-reviewers] Integrating JavaScript

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Jul 15 15:54:56 UTC 2011

on 14/07/2011 13:14 Chip Bennett said the following:
> Those scripts look fine to include; however, you will need to register and
> enqueue them properly, using wp_register_script() and wp_enqueue_script(),
> via a function hooked into the wp_enqueue_scripts hook.

[Playing catch-up]

This brings up a question that I'm pretty sure remained unanswered on
the support forums. Is there any benefit to going through the full
register then enqueue for a script compared to just dropping everything
into an enqueue? Both methods seem to have equal weight in the Codex.

Mel