[theme-reviewers] Questions regarding theme review process

Rahul Bansal rahul286 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:23:33 UTC 2011

> #3 - i found text widgets to be more of a proper use for these, but hey, if
> it's in the design i'm not going to argue

For sidebar-ads - widget will be a good choice.
For banner, adding a simple textarea will be more optimized rather than
converting header into widgetized area.

all of which again, recommendations are not 'do it or else it won't get
> accepted' they're only something that we need to put in there to have you
> think about possibly switching to that method in the future

Glad to know that. :-)
You guys always suggest something very useful. Last time also, suggestion
made by you & Chip for post-thumbnails helped us a lot.
There is really no point in reinventing the wheel. Its just sometime we
don't know what options we have until someone else bring them to our
attention.

child themes at this time are still not approved to be placed on the
> repository

Sad to know that. I hope fate of child themes will be decided soon. :-)

==

It will be heaven if theme developers get SVN access like plugin developers
have.

There are many times when small edits to a theme needs, mostly enhancement.
Somehow I feel bad asking WPTRT to spend time on my minor releases and so I
am waiting for WordPress 3.1 when I will upload our theme's
newer version with post-formats feature and enhancements we recently made.

--
Rahul Bansal | Founder & CEO | rtCamp Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Mobile: +91-9860501882 | Web: http://rtcamp.com/

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net