[theme-reviewers] WPTRT = TSA?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Jan 20 02:54:57 UTC 2011

Child themes are more update proof then the standard theme, not sure where you are getting and really would like an elaboration on the 'intented benefit of child themes'.  Which i'm going to assume you're thinking of the fact that it's good to have a child theme that is not going to lose it's look when the main parent theme is updated.   In that case I am going to note that a child theme can still be customized to denote a non-update path by changing the name in the style.css;  just like a theme.   If you're going to snag a child theme or theme and make customizations it would be a benefit to customize the name to remove it from upgrade notification.