[theme-reviewers] Shaan WP Theme

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jan 3 13:27:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Pritam P Hans <pritam.hans at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> A very happy new year to all. One of my WP themes (Shaan --
> http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/shaan) has been recently included in the
> theme repository. I have received a two complaints regarding not being able
> to log in to WP after installing the theme. Is it an error with the theme?
> Can you please help me solve the issue?

Your main problem is this:

<?php //Retrieve Theme Options Data
global $options;
$options = get_option('p2h_theme_options');
?>

<?php
$functions_path = TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/';
//Theme Options
require_once ($functions_path . 'theme-options.php');

See how it has the ?> then the empty line, then the <?php again? That
will cause it to output a single blank line, which will break the
login process because of the cookies being unable to be sent.

The functions.php file should never, ever, ever, ever produce output
on inclusion.