[theme-reviewers] @Otto, @Nacin

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Feb 23 14:58:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Edward Caissie
<edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm ... perhaps this should be added as an INFO or RECOMMENDED item in
> Theme Check (and the uploader)?
>
> I don't recall reading the specification the Author Name should be the
> dot-org name anywhere either, so I guess into the codex somewhere
> appropriate as well.

You may be correct that it was never written down anywhere, it was
just assumed as such from the start. In the case of the plugins, it
was always shown that way in examples, but not actually explained. I
modified the example there a while back to clarify that:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/readme.txt