[theme-reviewers] malicious code found in a theme in the codex

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Feb 10 16:46:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Otto -
>
> Should we consider having this theme (and similar ones) removed from the SVN
> repo? Just as a safety precaution if nothing else ... unless there is a way
> to "hide" it from the public view.

I don't currently have direct access to the SVN (I can get it, if
needed), so I can't actually go and remove things from it.

But honestly, do you think it's really worth the trouble? It's in the
SVN, but so are a lot of things. The SVN is mainly just storage. If
it's not in the themes directory, then it's not really visible or
installable from WP itself. You have to go to a fair amount of trouble
to pull code from the SVN and install it.