[theme-reviewers] more experienced feedback

Kirk Wight kwight at kwight.ca
Tue Dec 27 17:58:30 UTC 2011

That's sounds great to simply say it's required that the theme stands on
its own, and any externally-referenced APIs or libraries degrade without
errors:

*Required:* Themes must degrade gracefully with no on-screen errors if not
connected to the Internet.

*Why?* Many sites, such as internal Intranets, do not always have access to
the public Internet; in these cases, the user still deserves predictable
and usable output from the theme.

*Example:* An externally referenced Google Font will simply degrade to
another font in the stack with no on-screen errors (approved), while the
zoom.it API gives an error and no image (not approved).

*Best practice:* In many cases, libraries (such as Google Fonts) can simply
be bundled with the theme, giving users the most functional and consistent
experience in both situations.