[theme-reviewers] Please add more clarification to wordpress.org/Theme_Review

Robert Ambartsumov robert6292 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:13:24 UTC 2011

Issues that I think missed in theme review page:

1. wp based thumbnail support, no mention of:
wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( get_the_id()), 'full',
false );
that can be integrated to support post thumbnails

2. No mention of image logos, if image logos exist in the theme can they be
the name of the theme, and any associated graphics are allowed or not
3. Footer back link to the author, some reviewers told me I can't have
space in my anchor text, i.e mega themes must be megathemes, please clarify
that
4. add_custom_background with patterns, if theme provides patterns for
background that should be implemented, then i think core wp function wont
be enough.
5. in http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test#.28no_title.29 please add
clarification in regards to no title, if authors are allowed to place a "no
title" title, or link a read more button and so forth. (some themes can't
link the date because it looses the design layout.)
6. in http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test#Search_Results_Page please
specify that in search results pages there should be no "dates" for pages
that in the search results(i think this is correct)
7. image sliders that are configurable from theme options, there is no
mention if sample images can be used in the slider (being images GPL)
8. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-check/ plugin is this plugin
no longer updated or was replaced by newer plugin, if not add it to the
review page

I think this will help