[theme-reviewers] Number of Free WordPress Themes

Noumaan Yaqoob y.noumaan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:25:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was looking around for data about the number of Free WordPress
themes uploaded to WordPress.org's Themes repository.

I feel that the number of high quality Free WordPress themes is
decreasing and someone should do something about promoting GNU/GPL
licensed wordpress themes. I have nothing against Premium themes and I
think it is fine if people want to get paid for the effort they put
in. But I also believe that we should keep the community spirit of
free software alive.

So any ideas on how GNU GPL licensed free WordPress themes should be
promoted and how we can encourage more people to contribute?

- Noumaan