[theme-reviewers] Theme starter code.

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:22:54 UTC 2011

In my case a lot depends on the what the customer wants or needs more than
anything else ... or my mood for my own works.

If I am developing a theme for a client then their budget may constrain the
development time, so if necessary I find a GPL-compatible (looking at my own
first) theme and build off of one of those.
If the client says they want something to look like "x" theme then obviously
start with "x" theme (if possible) and build.

If I am making a "new" theme, I prefer to work from a very basic (read:
blank screen) template structure and build up from there. No reason to have
a lot of extra functionality that may never be incorporated into the theme
included in the code. The idea is to keep it simple and easily transferable,
making sure to document well so another developer can carry forward if the
need arises.

Just some thoughts ...

Cais.