[theme-reviewers] Default sidebar widgets

c.bavota c at bavotasan.com
Thu Aug 11 14:57:13 UTC 2011

Hey all,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help over the last little while and I had a question about one of garinungkadol required changes in the review for PressWork v1.0.1:

* Default content for a sidebar should always reflect the user's data and not information about the theme developer (in reference to the Twitter and Flickr data)

The default content in the sidebar cannot reflect the user's data in regards to widget's that pull in data from sites such as Twitter and Flickr. The user would have to add the widget manually and enter their info then. I know it is possible to remove the username from the Twitter widget and you will still get a feed but if you remove the user ID from the Flickr widget you get nothing. And the Flickr widget is actually Matt Mullenweg's Flickr feed since we don't have a Flickr account yet here at PressWork. ;)

So how should this be handled for widgets the require a username for their content to be displayed? Is the username of the theme author not acceptable?

Thanks.

c.bavota
Web Programmer
c at bavotasan.com
http://bavotasan.com
http://themes.bavotasan.com

Become an Affiliate and earn 40% commission on sale referrals
http://themes.bavotasan.com/affiliates