[theme-reviewers] Listing no-title page with month-name permalink structure

Mario Peshev mario at peshev.net
Wed Aug 3 10:48:04 UTC 2011

Hello reviewers,

I was curious whether it's possible to view a (no-title) post while using
the "Month and name" permalink structure. As a response to my theme test I
get the 404 page as the post is not found. I activated twentyeleven which
responded the same way.

I did the test accordingly to these 2 steps:

   - Settings -> Permalinks: ensure that a non-default permalink setting is
   selected, e.g. "Month and name". This setting will facilitate stepping
   through the Theme Unit Tests. (via
   http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test#WordPress_Settings)
   - (no title)
      - Lack of post title should not adversely impact layout.
      - Post permalink should be displayed. Making the post date a permalink
      is a great solution. See Twenty Ten for an example. (via
      http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test#.28no_title.29_2 )

Any comments on that?

Mario Peshev
freelance software developer/trainer