[theme-reviewers] I got a Copyright Infringement Notice overawebsite that I don't even own :'(

Claude Needham gxxaxx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 00:19:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just use the Otto method the few times I've had it happen ... hope it
> clears up quickly for you.
> Cais.

I've changed my policy recently.
Used to send them an email along with proper whois etc.
However, there have been a couple of occasions when copyright
infringement smoke up the behind was used for phishing.
Hence, my new policy is to ignore them.
Figure I don't need to do their whois work for them.
I don't expect these guys to be all grateful or email back offering a
contract for webdesign or whois consulting :()

In spite of the zero upside, I would probably help them out a bit,
but.... the downside of phishing dampens such enthusiasm.

Regards,
Claude Needham