[theme-reviewers] I got a Copyright Infringement Notice over a website that I don't even own :'(

Daniel Fenn danielx386 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 22:55:07 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

Several days ago I got a Copyright Infringement Notice over a website that I
don't even own. The only reason why I got the Copyright Infringement Notice
is because the theme created tag line is in the footer and the person who
given me the Copyright Infringement Notice just assumed that I own the site.

Does anyone know how I can protect myself from this sort of thing? While the
report is real, the person giving this notice is contacting the wrong
person. Also have this happen to you and how did you deal with it?

If anyone wants to see the DMCA letter, feel free to email me in private :)

Thanks guys
Regards,
Daniel Fenn