[theme-reviewers] Posts without Titles

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Wed Apr 20 21:15:36 UTC 2011

Right, I get that. I guess perhaps it's more an issue of why WordPress
allows you to publish a post without a title in the first place. It
seems to me that posts without titles have bigger problems than whether
or not a user can get to them.

Actually, as I'm writing this email, Emil posted a solution on the trac
ticket that i really like:

/**
   * Where the post has no post title, but must still display a link to the
  single-page post view.
   */
  add_filter('the_title', 'blank_slate_title');

  function blank_slate_title($title) {
      if ($title == '') {
          return 'Untitled';
      } else {
          return $title;
      }
  }

This way you don't have to include an extra link if you don't want to.

Thanks, Emil!