[theme-reviewers] As per the process

Brown Richard rich at tsop.org.uk
Tue Apr 19 20:42:06 UTC 2011

Hi

On 19 Apr 2011, at 21:29, Brown Richard wrote:

> On this page:
> <http://make.wordpress.org/themes/about/how-to-join-wptrt/>
>
> It says:
> "Perform a test review:
> 	• Once you are assigned a Theme, using the SVN link in the Trac ticket, download the Theme files, and install/activate the Theme on your WordPress test environment.
> 	• Review the Theme per the process, ensuring the Theme meets the criteria.
>
> I have done the first step but what is the process please? Am I missing something? If so maybe this role isn't for me? I am quite happy to learn.

I am starting to review my first theme. I have found and run the theme check plugin and it says it passed the test. In the footer it threw up this warning:
"NFO: Possible hard-coded links were found in the file functions.php.

I have removed the names but is this ok please? How would I find out?

I next looked at depreciated notices. It came back with Nothing in the log! Your plugins are oh so fine. So I am presuming this is fine.

Finally I went to the home page and looked at the code in the footer from Debooger. It said that it was not valid css and I pressed the link and found this:
6 errors, 1 warning

The 6 errors were basically the same:
Line 249, Column 13: Element dl is missing a required instance of child element dd.
Content model for element dl:
Zero or more groups each consisting of one or more dt elements followed by one or more dd elements.

Just wondering if that is it. What should I do next please? I also presume the invalid css is a rejection on the theme?

Kind regards

Rich