[theme-reviewers] Theme review request

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:37:47 UTC 2011

As Sven mentioned, there are free themes in the repo that also have
pro versions, and it's fine as long as the free version really is a
full, free theme -- in other words:

- it's freely licensed, without restrictions that would be an issue in
any other free theme. No "you must pay for the full version to remove
the credit links" or the like. Likewise, implying that the free theme
is only a limited trial version or the like would be out.
- it's fully functional. Extra features in the paid version are fine,
but a free version that doesn't have the normal required functionality
is crippleware.
- it should be kept up to date, same as any other theme in the repo --
we've seen cases where a shop has released one free version as a
promo, but then never updated it even as they kept the paid version up
with the latest WP core.